Friday, April 24, 2009

Inflation watch update

Further to last week’s post entitled the Third Way in the inflation/deflation debate, I offer the following updates:


Paul Wilmott, over at his blog, suggests that given the fiscal problems that face Her Majesty’s Government in the UK, HMG has only a few policy options:
  • Raise taxes;
  • Cut spending (difficult for a Labor government);
  • Sell the family silver; or
  • Inflate

Which do you think is the most politically painless?


Bloomberg also reports that the U.S. more than quadruples borrowing as tax revenue drops. How will they finance this debt? How will they crawl out of this debt hole?


If you didn’t see it already, read the Confessions of a TARP wife in order to keep an eye on how social attitudes change.


Free newsletter for Inflation bulls
I reiterate my offer: I have begun a longer email list for inflation bulls. There is no cost and I will keep your email address to myself. Drop me a line and sign up here.

No comments: