Monday, December 2, 2019

The Achilles Heel of my bull case

In response to my last post (see Buy signal confirmed: It's a global bull), I received an email yesterday from a long-time reader who observed that I was channeling the perennially bullish Chris Ciovacco. While my post yesterday highlighted the monthly MACD buy signal on global stocks, Ciovacco's latest weekly video referenced the monthly MACD buy signal on the DJIA.

That said, no one could accuse me of being a permabull or permabear. My track record of major market speaks for itself. Most notably, I was correctly cautious in August 2018 ahead of the major top, and turned bullish just after the bottom in January 2019. While I was overly cautious during the summer and I expected a deeper valuation reset, I did turn bullish again after the market's upside breakout in late October.



If history is any guide, past monthly MACD buy signals have seen prices higher 6 and 12 months later 100% of the time. However, there is one Achilles Heel of the bull case, and it's China.


The full post can be found here.


No comments: