Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Trading the breadth thrust

Mid-week market update:  I discovered an error in my last publication (see A Momentum Renaissance). The market did not achieve a Zweig Breadth Thrust buy signal last Thursday as I previously indicated, though it was very close.

As a reminder, the Zweig Breadth Thrust buy signal is triggered when the ZBT Indicator moves from an oversold to overbought reading within 10 trading days. In my previous publication, I misinterpreted the first day of the window as September 25, it was actually September 24. The ZBT reached an overbought condition in 11 days, not 10, therefore the ZBT buy signal was not triggered. 


I apologize for the error. Nevertheless, several other breadth thrust signals with less strict criteria were recently triggered, and it is worthwhile analyzing how to trade such conditions.

The full post can be found here.


No comments: