Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Unpacking my market bottom call

Mid-week market update: My last publication (see Why last week may have been THE BOTTOM) certainly caused some contraversy. Why I am making no promises about the future, I turned cautiously bullish on February 25, 2008, just a week before the generational March 2009 bottom (see Phoenix rising?). 

In that post, I postulated that the market was sufficiently washed out that it was time to dip your toe into the water with speculative Phoenix stocks, low-priced stocks that had fallen dramatically and saw significant insider buying. The good news is the timing of the call was nearly perfect, it came a week before the ultimate low. The bad news is the S&P 500 fell another -8% before the market finally bottomed.


Nobody's perfect.

The full post can be found here.

No comments: