Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Risk budgeting ahead of NVIDIA's earnings report

Mid-week market update: Several readers asked me for comments going into NVIDIA's earnings report Wednesday night, so I thought I would publish my mid-week update a little earlier than usual.
 
Bottom line, I have no idea about NVIDIA's fundamentals. You can study the chart pattern, but event-driven market moves are "roll the dice" moments. Instead of trying to focus on what how stock and the market will move after the earnings report, my inclination is to focus on portfolio risk during these binary events. How is your portfolio positioned relative to your risk budget?


Even though I can offer no insights on market direction, here are some thoughts on risk from the option market.

The full post can be found here.

No comments: