Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Some clarity from a "show me" week

Mid-week market update: I had characterized this week as a "show me" week for the market, though I had a slight bullish bias (see How the market could melt up). While I remained tactically bullish, a number of unanswered questions remained in light of the yield curve related sell-off that began late last week.

Some of those questions are getting answered. The bulls are still have control of the tape, though the control remains tenuous. The most positive sign is the SPX is holding a resistance turned support zone at about 2800. The market advance last summer was characterized by a series of "good overbought" readings on RSI-5, and pullbacks were halted when RSI-14 reached the neutral zone. The same pattern seems to be occurring today, which is constructive.


The full post can be found here.

No comments: